Friday, December 30, 2011

Sawadee Bee Mai!

Here is to what has been the most monumental & best year of my life to date: Bringing in 2011 with all my best college friends in New York City, an incredible whirlwind of a last semester of college, good times which have become fond memories in 111 Hudson, the stereotypical spring break with 30 of my friends in Montego Bay, Jamaica, Senior Week & graduation celebrations, clocking 50+ hours a week at Moosewood Restaurant, backpacking around Europe for a month with a very important person, spending time with friends and family for my last month in the states, and moving across the world to Thailand. And here is to an unbelievable first three months here: instantaneous bonds with friends from all over the world, surviving the TEFL course with those friends, traveling while schools were delayed due to the flooding, moving to my new home in Sriracha, beginning my job as an English teacher, making new friends (that English teacher bond everywhere), learning, observing, & participating in the Thai way of life, and the on-going adventures and exploration that make me never want to leave this place! For five months of the year I was homeless - renting a space, traveling, here, there, everywhere. It is nice to have a place to call home; and I truly do feel at home here. 2011 was huge for me, but I do have a feeling there will be some competition in 2012!

I am off to ring in the 2012 with good friends on the beautiful beaches of Koh Chang (Elephant Island)! Best wishes to all. Happy New Year / Sawadee Bee Mai!

No comments: